Abstract by Doreen Heaton Potworowska
This item is currently on display at:
Molly and Maud's Showroom York
Abstract sea scene oil on board by Doreen Heaton Potworowska (1930-2014).
The picture measures 30cm high by 38cm wide and the frame measures 56cm high by 62.5cm wide.
Doreen Heaton Potworowska attended the Bath Academy of Art at Corsham from 1949-53. At this time the academy was at the forefront of modern thinking in terms of art education and trends. It was during this time that she met Polish artist Peter Potworowski (1889-1962), who had escaped from Poland in 1943 in the German invasion of Poland. In 1952 he took up a post at Corsham as Professor of painting. Doreen became Peter's assistant and they became lovers. Between 1954 - 1958 they travelled extensively in Spain, Italy and France.
In 1958 they moved to Poland, and married shortly before Peter's death in 1962. Doreen returned to East Anglia in the mid 1980's.
We offer an efficient and professional worldwide delivery service. If you are interested in an item please get in touch to discuss delivery options.
Alternatively you are always welcome to collect any item from our premises in Kirk Hammerton.
1. All purchases must be paid for prior to their removal from our premises
2. As with all items you are welcome to collect in person or feel free to arrange your own courier. We will try and help as much as possible with packaging however please check beforehand as there may be an additional cost for excessive packaging materials.
3. Please note we cannot be held responsible for any item once it has been collected by yourself or your own courier.
4. All goods are sold as seen at our premises. While we may supply photographs, measurements, catalogues and drawings of goods, these items are for identification and reference only, customers are advised to examine the goods as to their condition, dimensions and quality, before purchase, and we give no warranty or guarantee in respect thereof.
5. The vast majority of our items are bespoke and unique, therefore items appearing on the website might no longer be available and we reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale at any time, even after an order has been placed. We will contact you as soon as possible in the event of your ordering an unavailable item.
6. If you require a refund once an item has been delivered, we will refund you the cost of the item minus delivery cost and the buyer must pay return delivery. A refund will not be given until the item is back on our premises and checked.
7. Contact must be made within 7 days of your purchase if you would like a refund.
8. Our bespoke delivery service that we offer on goods over £500 is a one man service therefore if the item that you have purchased requires more than one person to lift we are happy to supply another person at additional cost otherwise help will be needed at your end of the delivery.
9. Please allow up to 14 days for a delivery to be made unless otherwise stated.