Japanese Mingei Chabudai
This item is currently on display at:
Molly and Maud's Showroom, York
Second quarter of the twentieth century Japanese Mingei period lacquered table. The Japanese call this form of table either a 'Chabudai' or 'Zataku' which translates as 'low table'.
This table would have been traditionally used as an eating table however it would also work perfectly as a coffee table.
It has a very fine lacquer finish, composed of several layers of coloured lacquer which are then cut through to show the different colours.
33cm high, 120cm wide and 91cm deep.
We offer an efficient and professional worldwide delivery service. If you are interested in an item please get in touch to discuss delivery options.
Alternatively you are always welcome to collect any item from our premises in Kirk Hammerton.
1. All purchases must be paid for prior to their removal from our premises
2. As with all items you are welcome to collect in person or feel free to arrange your own courier. We will try and help as much as possible with packaging however please check beforehand as there may be an additional cost for excessive packaging materials.
3. Please note we cannot be held responsible for any item once it has been collected by yourself or your own courier.
4. All goods are sold as seen at our premises. While we may supply photographs, measurements, catalogues and drawings of goods, these items are for identification and reference only, customers are advised to examine the goods as to their condition, dimensions and quality, before purchase, and we give no warranty or guarantee in respect thereof.
5. The vast majority of our items are bespoke and unique, therefore items appearing on the website might no longer be available and we reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale at any time, even after an order has been placed. We will contact you as soon as possible in the event of your ordering an unavailable item.
6. If you require a refund once an item has been delivered, we will refund you the cost of the item minus delivery cost and the buyer must pay return delivery. A refund will not be given until the item is back on our premises and checked.
7. Contact must be made within 7 days of your purchase if you would like a refund.
8. Our bespoke delivery service that we offer on goods over £500 is a one man service therefore if the item that you have purchased requires more than one person to lift we are happy to supply another person at additional cost otherwise help will be needed at your end of the delivery.
9. Please allow up to 14 days for a delivery to be made unless otherwise stated.