Alistair Michie. 1921-2008
- Category: Products
This item is currently on display at:
Molly and Maud's Showroom, York
Watercolour of a Theatre by Alistair Michie.
He was born in France, the son of Ann Redpart. RSA. He studied Architecture in Edinburgh. During WWII Michie was a pilot in the RAF after which he had a successful period as a graphic artist. He then began a solo career in the 1960's as an artist and sculptor. He was widely exhibited in the UK and abroad in galleries, exhibitions and solo shows.
Michie became an associate of the Royal Society of British Sculptors in 1982. In 2000 he was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Arts from Bournemouth University.
His work is in several prominent collections, Oxford University, The Museums of Modern Art in Rio de Janeiro and San Paulo. BP International, Mitsui Bank, The Mazda Motor Company and British Aerospace.
The picture measures 11.5cm by 11.5cm and the frame measures 30.5cm by 30.5cm
We offer an efficient and professional delivery service around the UK and worldwide. We offer free delivery to mainland UK on items that cost over £500, this offer does not include Wales, Devon, Cornwall and further north of Scotland than Edinburgh and Glasgow.' Alternatively you are always welcome to collect any item from our premises in Kirk Hammerton.
We are experienced in shipping items worldwide as well as throughout the UK. Please do contact us if you wish to receive a quote or discuss delivery logistics.
1. All purchases must be paid for prior to their removal from our premises
2. As with all items you are welcome to collect in person or feel free to arrange your own courier. We will try and help as much as possible with packaging however please check beforehand as there may be an additional cost for excessive packaging materials.
3. Please note we cannot be held responsible for any item once it has been collected by yourself or your own courier.
4. All goods are sold as seen at our premises. While we may supply photographs, measurements, catalogues and drawings of goods, these items are for identification and reference only, customers are advised to examine the goods as to their condition, dimensions and quality, before purchase, and we give no warranty or guarantee in respect thereof.
5. The vast majority of our items are bespoke and unique, therefore items appearing on the website might no longer be available and we reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale at any time, even after an order has been placed. We will contact you as soon as possible in the event of your ordering an unavailable item.
6. If you require a refund once an item has been delivered, we will refund you the cost of the item minus delivery cost and the buyer must pay return delivery. A refund will not be given until the item is back on our premises and checked.
7. Contact must be made within 7 days of your purchase if you would like a refund.
8. Our bespoke delivery service that we offer on goods over £500 is a one man service therefore if the item that you have purchased requires more than one person to lift we are happy to supply another person at additional cost otherwise help will be needed at your end of the delivery.
9. Please allow up to 14 days for a delivery to be made unless otherwise stated.