Blue Glass by Margaret Firth
- Category: Products
This item is currently on display at:
Molly and Maud's Showroom, York
Oil on board named 'Blue Glass' by Margaret Firth (1898-1991).
Please note the other painting in the fourth image is for sale separately.
The painting measures 34cm by 26cm and the frame measures 45.5cm by 37.5cm.
Margaret Firth was a Bradford born Artist who studied at the Bradford school of Art under Fred Stead and Harry Butler. She was a quiet and unassuming person who spent many years at home with her parents, who very much encouraged her art and built her a studio at home. However, her work was often side lined while she cared for her ill parents and brother.
Her work took off when at the age of 50 she found herself alone without any family. She became well known on the local art scene and was exhibited widely throughout Yorkshire and she established a considerable reputation during the 1960's despite the fact that she had no wish to promote herself.
The Bradford Art Gallery, The Wakefield Art Gallery and the Leeds Art Gallery all exhibited her work, Bradford once exhibited 25 of her works in 1955 in the show 'Contemporary Painting, Sculpture and Crafts.
This piece of work was from the estate of the eminent Yorkshire Artist Marie Walker Last (1917-2017).
We offer an efficient and professional worldwide delivery service. If you are interested in an item please get in touch to discuss delivery options.
Alternatively you are always welcome to collect any item from our premises in Kirk Hammerton.
1. All purchases must be paid for prior to their removal from our premises
2. As with all items you are welcome to collect in person or feel free to arrange your own courier. We will try and help as much as possible with packaging however please check beforehand as there may be an additional cost for excessive packaging materials.
3. Please note we cannot be held responsible for any item once it has been collected by yourself or your own courier.
4. All goods are sold as seen at our premises. While we may supply photographs, measurements, catalogues and drawings of goods, these items are for identification and reference only, customers are advised to examine the goods as to their condition, dimensions and quality, before purchase, and we give no warranty or guarantee in respect thereof.
5. The vast majority of our items are bespoke and unique, therefore items appearing on the website might no longer be available and we reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale at any time, even after an order has been placed. We will contact you as soon as possible in the event of your ordering an unavailable item.
6. If you require a refund once an item has been delivered, we will refund you the cost of the item minus delivery cost and the buyer must pay return delivery. A refund will not be given until the item is back on our premises and checked.
7. Contact must be made within 7 days of your purchase if you would like a refund.
8. Our bespoke delivery service that we offer on goods over £500 is a one man service therefore if the item that you have purchased requires more than one person to lift we are happy to supply another person at additional cost otherwise help will be needed at your end of the delivery.
9. Please allow up to 14 days for a delivery to be made unless otherwise stated.